Nick:
Well we got in to Taipei just fine and our friends met us at the airport. For the first 2 nights we’ll be in a hotel for $1225/night (sounds like a lot but it’s a 28:1 ratio to US dollars, so it’s like $45/night. But yeah it feels weird to have exchanged the cash we brought and got 25,000 “dollars” back. The hotel was a little funny about a few things. Like upselling the room because it has a Jacuzzi, but then it doesn’t have a shower, and as nice as water jets are, if it takes forever (which by the way it does…) to fill the mini tub that only fits half of my body at a time, and even that barerly, then having a Jacuzzi and no shower is rather a nuisance than a benefit. But I guess I can’t complain. I mean, hey, my hotel room has a Jacuzzi after all J.
Anyhow Chamberlain arranged a meeting with a relative of his who is an advisor of something or other at a school to look at job positions there and/or elsewhere. For church we’ll be going to the English ward at least to start. We might try to switch to the normal Chinese ward once we feel like we’d still be able to get something out of it, but who knows when that will be. Tomorrow at least will be English.
Well, I’m off to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment