Nick:
Well I had a job interview today and I have another tomorrow. Not my dream jobs, just part time stuff, but jobs nonetheless. So far it’s just for teaching elementary-aged students. We’ll see. After I came out of the 15 minute trial run with the class today the first thing the interviewer said to me was “so are you having any second thoughts yet?” I wasn’t 100% sure what to make of that but I think they just meant because the kids were kinda, err…, not kinda, VERY crazy and talkative. But yeah, I have a bit to learn about keeping 8 year olds interested for more than 5 seconds. It’s a little different than college students… Otherwise not too much else is new.
Candace has been feeling a little under the weather for a day or two now so that makes things a little less fun. The people we’re staying with/temporarily renting from didn’t have any sheets on the bed we’re using so we went and tried to get some sheets. As we were walking out of the store I realized we had just bought a duvet cover instead… So the next time we went to the store with a native friend who’s been helping us a little and asked her to confirm that what we were buying was in fact the sheets. When we got home and opened it, it was a second duvet cover… So we then had two duvet covers and no regular sheets. Well, I came across a shop today with bedding so I stepped in for a minute. I pointed at one of the packages that had a made up bed on the cover. I pointed at the blankets and said in chinese “don’t need” and pointed at the sheet on the mattress and said “I need one of those. Double bed.” He pointed to a stack and I took a 3rd shot at buying sheets, and it worked! I’m kinda proud of myself for not just speaking chinese, but actually communicating, but I still feel kinda silly that it took us three tries to buy a bed sheet.
The adventure continues…
No comments:
Post a Comment