Monday, July 4, 2011

#10

Nick:

Well the second job interview went pretty well. The first thing she asked was, “so, are you mormon?” Fortunately, when I told her I was she said she was glad because she liked Mormons. Otherwise it went pretty normal. At the end we scheduled a time for me to come back and do a demo teach. And then she said “I don’t know, it’s like a sixth sense or something, but I like you.” So it seems pretty promising. It would be 24 hrs/week, which is actually quite a bit compared to a lot of the jobs that get posted for as few as 2-3 hrs a week sometimes. And it’s 700 NTD/hr which is about $24.50/hr US so it seems pretty good. And they said they’d help me get the working permit and stuff, which is pretty standard. Unfortunately I wouldn’t start for two more weeks, but it could be worse. Plus the students were a little older than the last job I interviewed for.

Anyhow, that’s the latest on that front.

We’ll see how the ward choir is in the morning. Off to bed. Love you all!


No comments: