Sunday, July 3, 2011

#7


Nick:
Well Candace and I just had our breakfast in bed consisting of the fruit we got at the market last night. We had fresh pineapple that they cut the rinds off for you, fresh mango you can scoop with a spoon, and a papaya. The pineapple is so ripe you can eat the entire inside, no need to cut out the center because it’s so soft and juicy like the rest of the fruit. The mango was red, not green. And the knife basically fell through the papaya it was so ripe. I didn’t have to put any pressure on it. I served it all up into two bowls and we gobbled the sweet, juicy mess right up. We still have another papaya and we’re thinking about using it as a spread it’s so soft. They were a dollar (a little smaller than a football) and the fresh, peeled pineapple was $1.25 without haggling, probably could have gotten it for less. Beats fastfood for a quick bite when you’re out. Hmm… what should we have for breakfast tomorrow? Maybe guava and kiwi?

No comments: