Well Nick and I were lucky enough to have all of Valentine's day together (his one class was cancelled), unfortunately, I wasn't feeling very well, but we still managed to get out and have some fun. The weather was nice so we went to Lover's Lake, it's within walking distance of our house. So we walked there, and hiked around the lake, and then headed into town for dinner and gifts (we hadn't planned ahead). We were going to look for something nice for dinner, but by the time we got to Keelung, I was starting to feel better, and I was starving, so we ended up eating at a lunch box place. It's like cafeteria style, which usually has something we're willing to try, but they can be hit or miss. This one wasn't bad, and it only cost 50NT (a little less than $2). We made sure to get dessert afterwards. We went to a mango shaved ice store, and we had candied sweet potatoes (which Alec loved), and some kind of dessert soup with beans, taro and other interesting things in it. Anyway, here are the pictures from the lake:
Cute bald baby! (He has hair, it's just really fine, and very fair)
With the train (I think we took one here before, but this one turned out better):
Cool backdrop:
If you look closely you can see a building on the top of the mountain. We walked most of the way there, but decided to finish that trek another day.
Cute bald baby! (He has hair, it's just really fine, and very fair)
With the train (I think we took one here before, but this one turned out better):
Cool backdrop:
If you look closely you can see a building on the top of the mountain. We walked most of the way there, but decided to finish that trek another day.
No comments:
Post a Comment